Private tour to chullpas of Cutimbo – Puno (½D-PM.)
At 2:00 p.m. Pick up from your hotels of city of Puno and depart to Cutimbo, (trip about 45 minutes.) by car, arriving to the Arqueological complex, our guide will give you all the information to start the walk uphill along a path (1 hour approx.) to arrive at the hill top, where we are going to visit the famous “Chullpas of Cutimbo”, or burial towers of the Incas.
Also we will have an amazing view around of the place with rocky formations and a beautiful landscape and take the pictures, about 5:15 p.m. Approx. return to Puno and transfer to their hotels.
|2:00 p.m.||Pick up from your downtown hotels in Puno and depart to Cutimbo.|
|2:45 p.m.||Arrival in Cutimbo and walk uphill to the Hill top. Where we will visit the “Chullpas of Cutimbo”, or “burial towers of the Incas”.|
|4:30 p.m.||Return to the city of Puno.|
|5:15 p.m.||Arrival in Puno and transfer to their hotels.|
THIS TOUR INCLUDES:
- Advice one day before the tour.
- Entrance fees to “Chullpas of Cutimbo”.
- Spanish / English guide (on request languages French).
- Tourist transportation.
THIS TOUR DON’T INCLUDES:
- Others not mentioned in the program.
Consider that you can take:
- Camera, Toilet paper and extra batteries.
- A bottle of water (a liter).
- Comfortable shoes for walking.
- Personal backpack with everything necessary for your tour.
- Snacks, chocolate or energy candies.
* Autumn and winter: cold and wind (wear light coat). Spring and Summer: rain (raincoat and umbrella)
Keep in mind:
- To make this tour requires at least 2 people.
- Order guides in French and Portuguese languages ahead of (1 week).
USD 45.00 / per person
Ask for our offer prices for 5 or more people.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT:
CHULLPAS OF CUTIMBO:
Archaeological complex Cutimbo, is located 22 km away from Puno on the highway to Moquegua, with an altitude of 4023 m.a.s.l. characterized by their chullpas or burial towers.
On top of the hill are the famous “Chullpas of Cutimbo”, with circular, rectangular and square shapes, from the most rustic to the most complex (with cornices and up to 8.5 meters). You can see also carved figures of animals in the chullpas like cats, viscacha (Andean squirrel), monkeys and snakes.
Cutimbo meaning: Cutimbo’s name comes from “QUT” which means to return and “impuy”. That conjugation means “back here” and this place belonged to a local chief called Pedro Cutimbo. The archaeological complex of Cutimbo had an extensive occupation (pre-Inca and Inca), was a ceremonial and ritual center.
Ritual center for the death: This ceremonial center was built for the cult to the death (the pass to another life), in the center of this complex we find the “Ushno or temple” made with two different rock types, inside you can see 5 niches (3 along the east, 2 towards the south and north).