Private tour to Inca uyo – Chucuito (½D-PM.)
At 2:00 p.m. Pick up from your hotels of city of Puno and depart to Chucuito, (trip about 20 minutes.) by car, where our guide will choose the best route to start with the tour in small colonial town.
Places to Inca Uyo, Church of the Asuncion, viewpoint of Chucuito, Santo Domingo Church, and appreciate handicrafts made by local women, about 5:00 p.m. Return to Puno and transfer to your hotels.
|2:00 p.m.||Pick up from your downtown hotels in Puno and depart to Chucuito.|
|2:30 p.m.||Arrival in Chucuito to visit Inca Uyo, colonial Churches, Main square, Viewpoint and Trout Farming (if it`s open).|
|4:45 p.m.||Return to the city of Puno.|
|5:15 p.m.||Arrival in Puno and transfer to their hotels.|
THIS TOUR INCLUDES:
- Advice one day before the tour.
- Tickets to Inca Uyo.
- Spanish / English guide (on request languages French).
- Tourist transportation.
THIS TOUR DON’T INCLUDES:
- Others not mentioned in the program.
Consider that you can take:
- Camera, Toilet paper and extra batteries.
- A bottle of water (a liter).
- Comfortable shoes for walking.
- Personal backpack with everything necessary for your tour.
- Snacks, chocolate or energy candies.
- Lightweight and warm clothing.
* Autumn and winter: cold and wind (wear light coat). Spring and Summer: rain (raincoat and umbrella)
Keep in mind:
- To make this tour requires at least 2 people.
- Order guides in French and Portuguese languages ahead of (1 week).
- Tour duration is approximately 3 hours. You can choose the schedule that suits you can be in the morning or afternoon
USD 15.00 / per person
Ask for our offer prices for 5 or more people.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT:
CHUCUITO OR CITY OF THE CAJAS REALES:
CHUCUITO is located 18 km from Puno city on the shores of Lake Titicaca, a small colonial town, considered as “City of the Cajas Reales” (royal boxes) in colonial times, where the taxes from the mining production used to be collected for the king. In Chucuito you can visit many tourist places in town.
“INCA UYO” or TEMPLE OF FERTILITY, was built by Incas with rectangular form and it was used as an astronomical observatory. On this ceremonial temple has more than 20 Phalluses carved in stone, probably related with the fertility and is considerate as a sacred place, where rituals payment is made to the Pachamama (The mother earth).
LA CRUZ DE INQUISICIÓN or (INQUISITION CROSS) is an atrium consisting of a pedestal with two headless figures stand at the base of the large cross. Located on the side of the church Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion, according to the locals history, were practiced in colonial times religious justice to eliminate religion of the Aymara and Lupaca cultures.
PLAZA DE ARMAS or (MAIN SQUARE) is very attractive, with nice landscaping and there´s the sundial (solar clock), stone basin and many other attractive.
VIEWPOINT CHUCUITO, Ancient ceremonial center of the Aymara kingdom Lupaca, now farewell ceremonies of the feast of carnival, built of mud bricks and tiles are made is ideal to appreciate the beautiful views of the lake.